How to get sponsorships on GitHub through Fidia.
In this guide, you will learn how to set up the GitHub Sponsor button on your GitHub repository using Fidia payment links as a custom funding URL.
Create a payment link on Fidia and copy the payment link which will be needed to set up the sponsor button on GitHub.
Setting up the Payment Link on GitHub
- Navigate to the main page of the repository you want to enable sponsorship for on GitHub.
- Under your repository name, click on the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Features section and check the box next to Sponsorships.
- Under “Sponsorships”, click on the Setup sponsor button to continue.
- In the file editor, change the custom funding link on line 12 to include your Fidia payment link.
In the above code block, replace the Fidia payment link with your own Fidia payment link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and type a short, meaningful commit message describing the file change. Then, on the Commit New File button, confirm your action.
- After committing the changes, you will notice that the sponsor button is now displayed on your repository.
In addition, the sponsor button will appear on the repository you added it to, as well as in the project description section under the about section with the title "sponsor this project."
- When a supporter clicks on the sponsor button, they will be able to see the Fidia payment link you added.